Educational Opportunities in Health Informatics
To sit the exam for CHIA Certification you need either an undergraduate degree plus three years of associated* experience or five years of associated* experience. So if you are at an early stage in your career or thinking about a change and want an Educational Qualification you can choose from the following undergraduate and postgraduate courses offered by Australian Universities. A couple of courses are delivered online or as distance programs.
HISA will update this list every six months. We are aiming for a comprehensive listing of courses offered by Universities and RTOs. If your course is not listed email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be pleased to include it.
* CHIA will help you to further a career in Health Informatics if associated experience in your job involves:
- Managing healthcare information (includes clinicians, health information managers, technical support staff)
- Working with, creating, managing, analysing data in healthcare
- Working with IT in healthcare
- Selling / marketing IT in healthcare
- Implementing process or system changes that involve IT
- Designing health-IT products, services or processes
- Working with clinicians on implementing or improving how IT is used in their health service
- Change management in healthcare
- Educating / training anyone who does the above
- Consulting / helping anyone who does the above