Founder of HL7 FHIR and the FHIR Product Director at HL7 International
After initially qualifying as a biochemist, I accidentally landed a job in a clinical laboratory as a clinical chemist, and fell in love with working in healthcare. Since then, I’ve held a variety of roles including:
- Laboratory scientist performing routine clinical tests
- PhD researcher looking at biochemical impacts of diabetes in cholesterol metabolism
- Development lead/CTO for a laboratory information systems vendor
- Editor of international standards for healthcare data exchange
- Consulting to national programs on adoption and implementation of interoperability standards including the Australian National Health Record system
Currently, I am HL7’s Product Director for “FHIR” – the leading healthcare data exchange standard of the future. In that role, I am responsible for the growth and governance of the community that develops the FHIR specification, managing the corporate and government relationships around it, and acting as the lead editor for the specification.
I have won many awards for my contributions to the community, notably from HISA (the Don Walker for effectiveness in Health Informatics).
Consultant, Health Interoperability Standards – FHIR Product Directory
Meetings of like minds; being in the wilderness
I’m passionate about
Building open communities that inspire people to make other’s lives better