Congratulations to HISA member Dr Chris Pearce
HISA has welcomed the appointment of a Health Informatician, Dr Chris Pearce to the eHealth Implementation Taskforce Steering Committee.
“A fully connected, digital health system is what HISA members are working towards and we are pleased to see so many HISA community members on this taskforce and in particular Dr Pearce.”http://www.hisa.org.au/wp-admin/post.php?post=2973&action=edit#wpseo_linkdex
The new committee has been charged with clearing the way for an independent government agency responsible for eHealth, including operation of the PCEHR and the roles currently fulfilled by NEHTA, to a new body called the Australian Commission for eHealth (ACeH).
Other members of the committee include:
- Former NSW Health director-general Robyn Kruk (Chair)
- NT Health CIO Stephen Moo
- Federal Department of Health special adviser Paul Madden
- Queensland Health D-G Michael Walsh
- Emerald-based GP Dr Ewen McPhee
- Brisbane-based GP Dr Steve Hambleton