We are an independent national body engaging locally and globally in oversight of the guidance, development and assurance of standards for health professional practice in the public interest.
The Australian Physiotherapy Council Limited (the Council) is an independent national body. The object of the Council is to advance physiotherapy education and provide assurance of standards for the benefit of the public.
The activities of the Council include:
- Accreditation of entry-level physiotherapy education programs offered by higher education providers.
- Assessment of qualifications and skills of overseas-qualified physiotherapists for registration and migration purposes.
- Provision of advice, recommendations and consulting services to the Physiotherapy Board of Australia and other relevant organisations, in relation to accreditation and assessment.
- National and international liaison with other professional bodies, regulators and educators on matters related to standards of education and practice and global recognition of physiotherapy qualifications.
- Maintenance and regular review of the Accreditation Standard.