HIC student volunteer program
HISA loves students! If you are a current university student and would like to attend HIC for free then this volunteering program was made for you! Volunteering gives you the opportunity to gain health informatics/event management experience, meet new people in your field, network and attend HIC sessions in your free time. You can be part of the HIC event team and have fun!
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Be over 18 years old
- Be a current student enrolled in university
- Arrange and pay for their own travel and accommodation
In exchange for your time working at the conference volunteers get
- The opportunity to hear from high profile international and domestic speakers
- A ticket to the Networking Reception on Monday 12 August, held at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre
- Catering throughout the three days
- An opportunity to interact with industry professionals
Volunteer at HIC
Be a part of Australia’s premier and longest-running digital health and health informatics conference and expo.
Applications are now closed.
* All successful volunteers must arrange their own accommodation and travel to and from the conference.
When is HIC19?
HIC is on 12-14 August 2019. Volunteer commitment will begin on Sunday 11 August.
What is the location of HIC19?
The new expansion building of the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (MCEC)
Who can volunteer?
Volunteering is open to current enrolled university students.
When will the training sessions be held?
An induction will take place on Sunday 11 August from 3:00pm to 4:00pm.
How long will a volunteer be expected to work?
Preference will be given to those available for the full conference. Volunteer times will be from 7:00am until 5:00pm with breaks.
What are the shift roles?
Tasks will include logistical support (traffic flow, badge control, help/registration desk) and session room support (ushering).
What to wear while volunteering
Please wear black pants and comfortable closed toe black shoes. HISA will provide you with a volunteer t-shirt which you can collect during your training.