- This event has passed.
Breakfast – Perioperative medicine – digital strategies and global trends
WHEN: March 30, 2016 @ 7:00 am - 9:00 am
WHERE: Mercure Hotel Perth, Caroline Room
HISA in partnership with Getz Clinical invites you to attend a breakfast presentation and networking opportunity. In this feature event we will explore the clinical experiences in implementation of digital systems supporting perioperative care and anaesthesiology in hospital settings.
The session will include discussion on electronic perioperative information management (ePIMS) systems, the evidence supporting their adoption and perspectives on innovative business models that enable efficient and cost effective implementation of clinical software solutions in the hospital environment.
With special guest speakers:
Dr John Ellingham FANZCA
John will present on the evidence and practical clinical experience in ePIMS, workflow design and practice change as it relates to perioperative medicine. John is a senior specialist medical practitioner and anaesthetist currently based in Canberra with experience across public and private practice settings. John has a passion for achieving clinical excellence in medical and health service delivery, with experience at both State and hospital level in quality assurance initiatives and the application of digital information systems.
Stephen Fitzgerald CIO Getz Clinical
Stephen will present on the emerging technology trends in this area and provide an overview of Software as a Service, Hardware as a Service and emerging cloud technology trends within healthcare. Stephen is an experienced IT solution professional with a deep understanding of clinical system design and implementation, health sector business engagement and emerging technologies and innovations.
Areas covered include:
- Practical experience and lessons learnt in clinical workflow design and implementation in digitising perioperative care and anaesthetics systems
- Perspectives and observations on change and the clinical and business outcomes for practitioners, IT implementers and administrators
- Latest emerging trends and technologies in the perioperative space with an increased focus on innovation delivery, interoperability and patient engagement
- Practical experience from a number of key case studies from around the world
This presentation would benefit:
- Medical Directors, Heads of Department and senior medical practitioners in perioperative care and anaesthesiology
- Related clinical practitioners including nursing and allied health related in perioperative care
- Healthcare executives and administrators managing hospital services and service redesign and change
- Health and Hospital CIO’s, enterprise architects, health informaticians and health IT implementers involved in digital hospital programs and health IT implementations
Register your interest for this breakfast event. HISA members will receive first preference.