- This event has passed.
Health Informatics Short Course
WHEN: July 2, 2018 - July 6, 2018
WHERE: Flinders University Health Care Management – College of Medicine and Public Health
This short course will enhance participants’ understanding of current developments in health informatics and their potential impact on the delivery of local health care services; and to assist participants in developing a set of skills and competencies for making strategic and operational management decisions in relation to health informatics. It has been granted 30 CHIA points.
On completion of the topic, students should be able to:
1. Define the four (4) elements of health informatics: data, information, knowledge, and decisions
2. Explain the processes of sourcing, accessing and storing electronic data; aggregating, linking and benchmarking information; visualising information to construct meaning; and the behaviour, values and engagement required in making informed healthcare decisions
3. Apply the four (4) elements of health informatics in addressing a health issue/problem, considering the clinical, administrative and technical implications involving healthcare practitioners and processes
4. Predict the clinical, administrative and technical implications involving healthcare practitioners and processes, when applying health informatics
5. Evaluate the effectiveness of resolving an identified health issue/problem with the four elements of health informatics.
This activity has been approved for up to 30 contact hour of continuing education credit toward renewal of the CHIA credential.