All individual members receive:
- Special offers
- Opportunities to network/contact other members
- FREE attendance to state branch events
- Exclusive tickets to SIG events
- Access to member only content such as webinars
- Member newsletter
- Discounts to HISA bookshop – save up to 40%
- Free job listings in the HISA Career Centre
- Discounted HISA News (newsletter) job adverts
Please note that HISA memberships are not refundable once paid. Review our member types carefully before selecting from the following options:
Are you ready?
There has never been a better time to support Australia’s digital health community.
Select your membership type
- Added benefits:
- FREE subscription to Pulse+IT Magazine valued at $99
- Discounts to HISA conferences
- Discounts to Career Centre job postings
- Nominate and vote for HISA State Committee
- Nominate and vote for HISA National Board
- Discount off CHIA (certification) valued at $115
- Discount off CHIA Text Book valued at $90
AFFILIATEFOR NEW MEMBERS ONLY
- Affiliate membership is an introductory membership only and not available for existing or previous HISA members. A great way to get to know HISA and is available for a maximum of 2 years.
- HISA, together with the Australasian College for Health Informatics (ACHI), promotes four levels of individual membership in the health informatics community at a discounted combined rate. Membership is assessed by ACHI.
About your membership
- The HISA membership year runs from April 1st to March 31st, full membership fees apply upon joining.
- Pro-rata membership rates will apply to members joining between September 1st and December 31st.
- Membership will be valid until March 31st of the following year for members joining between January 1st and March 31st.
- Memberships are not refundable, unused entitlements can not be transferred.
HISA + ACHI joint membership
Membership is assessed by ACHI.
- MACHI – granted to individuals who have a recognised level of achievement within the health informatics discipline. Post-nominals of MACHI are awarded. Must complete MACHI application form.
- FACHI – granted to individuals who have made a substantial achievement and contribution within the health informatics discipline. Post-nominals of FACHI are awarded. Must complete FACHI application form.
Types of Concessions
- STUDENT Must provide proof of full-time enrolment. Students obtain all ordinary member benefits minus discount off CHIA.
- CONCESSION Members must hold a government health care card and provide a valid copy upon registration.
- RETIRED Retirees who have been ordinary members for the past 2 years. No voting rights & cannot be elected onto the board or committees but receive other benefits as per ordinary membership.
Affiliate membership is an introductory membership available only for new members to HISA and not available for existing or previous HISA members. Affiliate membership is a great way to get to know the organisation with a limited number of benefits. This membership is available for a maximum of 2 years for an individual.
For an easy-to-read comparison of our available membership options, please click the drop-down box below.
Compare your options
|MOST POPULAR!||HISA Ordinary + ACHI member||HISA Ordinary + ACHI fellow||Full-time students only||Government health care card holders||Retirees who are ex HISA Ordinary||New members only|
|$350 /y||$399 /y||$523 /y||$87.5 /y||$87.5 /y||$87.5 /y||$175 /y|
|Opportunities to network/contact other members||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|FREE attendance to State Branch events||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|FREE Career website job listings||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Discounted newsletter job adverts||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Exclusive tickets to SIG events||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Access to members-only content||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Access to members-only webinars||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Discounts to the HISA Bookshop (save up to 40%)||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|FREE subscription to Pulse+IT Magazine valued at $99||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Receive special offers||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Discounts to HISA conferences||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Discounts to Career Centre job postings||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Nominate and vote for HISA State Committee||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Nominate and vote for HISA National Board||✓||✓||✓|
|Discount off CHIA (certification) valued at $115||✓||✓||✓|
|Discount off CHIA Text Book valued at $90||✓||✓||✓|
|JOIN||JOIN UPGRADE||JOIN UPGRADE||JOIN||JOIN||JOIN||JOIN|
HISA + ACHI Combined Membership
HISA, together with the Australasian College for Health Informatics (ACHI), promotes four levels of individual membership in the health informatics community at a discounted combined rate. Membership is assessed by ACHI. Find out more here.
The different levels of individual membership reflect the diversity of Australia’s health informatics community.They aim to present a structure that reflects the ‘seniority’ of the membership levels and give recognition to (and promote) the larger issues of health informatics workforce development and growth. These membership tiers are reflective of expertise and contributions to the field of health informatics. We encourage people to aspire to apply for MACHI and FACHI membership which recognises professional achievements and status in health informatics.
How to become a combined HISA/ACHI member
- Join using our online form. Choose either the FACHI or MACHI levels of membership, complete the registration process and make payment*.
- Complete the MACHI/FACHI/STUDENT membership application form and email to [email protected]
Already a HISA member? Upgrade to a combined HISA/ACHI member now.
* You will be a HISA Ordinary member, with all the benefits bestowed on a HISA member. On receipt of your MACHI/FACHI application form, your application for Member or Fellow status of ACHI will be assessed by ACHI and you will be notified within six weeks. If your membership application for the College is not approved, you will be notified and the ACHI component of your combined membership fee will be refunded. You will remain a HISA Ordinary member.
Become a fellow/member of ACHI without HISA membership
Applications for ACHI-only membership is a two-step process:
** On receipt of your MACHI/FACHI application form, your application for Member or Fellow status of ACHI will be assessed by ACHI and you will be notified within 6-8 weeks. If your membership application for the College is not approved, you will be notified and your ACHI-only membership fee will be refunded.
Enhanced access to…
Australia's PREMIER digital health, health informatics and e-health conference
Connecting you to the global digital health and informatics community
Advance your digital health career
Get behind the firewall of Australia's foremost health IT publication
Leading conference on data transforming healthcare
Connecting the decision makers of healthcare
Exclusive access to video and PDF content in an easy-to-use engine
HISA Breakfast Series - Networking, learning & sharing - ALL BEFORE 9AM!
Leading forum on the evolution to virtual care
Health informaticians in the spotlight
The leading lights of health informatics
Building a Health Workforce for the information and digital age
Leadership and Advocacy – have your voice heard on issues important to you
Join, lead and network with like-minded passionate people
Over 40 events for networking and professional development