HISA and ACHI vote 'yes' to the proposal to unite and form a new organisation
HISA and ACHI members and Fellows have voted ‘Yes’ to unite and form a new peak body for digital health.
The proposal to merge and form a new organisation has been passed by a majority vote with more than 89% of members and Fellows voting for the merger.
MEDIA STATEMENT (PDF) The Australasian Institute of Digital Health will be launched on 24 February 2020.
HISA and ACHI members and Fellows will be the inaugural members of the Institute which will be accepting new members from all sectors of healthcare after it is launched.
All individual members receive:
- Special offers
- Opportunities to network/contact other members
- FREE attendance to state branch events
- Exclusive tickets to SIG events
- Access to member only content such as webinars
- Access to HISA-TV
- Member newsletter
- Discounts to HISA bookshop – save up to 40%
- Discounted HISA News (newsletter) job adverts
Please note that HISA memberships are not refundable once paid. Review our member types carefully before selecting from the following options:
Individual membership types / prices
All memberships are valid until 31st March of the following year. Pro-rata price will be applied at the checkout.
Select your membership type
AFFILIATE ORDINARYFOR NEW MEMBERS ONLY
- Affiliate membership is an introductory membership only and not available for existing or previous HISA members. A great way to get to know HISA and is available for a maximum of 2 years.
AFFILIATE STUDENTFOR NEW MEMBERS ONLY
- Affiliate Student membership is an introductory membership for students only and not available for existing or previous HISA members. A great way to get to know HISA and is available for a maximum of 2 years.
About your membership
- The HISA membership year runs from April 1st to March 31st, full membership fees apply upon joining.
- Pro-rata membership rates will apply to members joining between September 1st and December 31st.
- Membership will be valid until March 31st of the following year for members joining between January 1st and March 31st.
- Memberships are not refundable, unused entitlements can not be transferred.
HISA + ACHI joint membership
Membership is assessed by ACHI.
- MACHI – granted to individuals who have a recognised level of achievement within the health informatics discipline. Post-nominals of MACHI are awarded. Must complete MACHI application form.
- FACHI – granted to individuals who have made a substantial achievement and contribution within the health informatics discipline. Post-nominals of FACHI are awarded. Must complete FACHI application form.
Types of concessions
- STUDENT Must provide proof of full-time enrolment. Students obtain all ordinary member benefits minus discount off CHIA.
- CONCESSION Members must hold a government health care card and provide a valid copy upon registration.
- RETIRED Retirees who have been ordinary members for the past 2 years. No voting rights & cannot be elected onto the board or committees but receive other benefits as per ordinary membership.
Affiliate membership is an introductory membership available only for new members to HISA and not available for existing or previous HISA members. Affiliate membership is a great way to get to know the organisation with a limited number of benefits. This membership is available for a maximum of 2 years for an individual.
For an easy-to-read comparison of our available membership options, please click the drop-down box below.
Compare your options
|ORDINARY||MACHI||FACHI||STUDENT||CONCESSION||RETIRED||AFFILIATE ORDINARY||AFFILIATE STUDENT|
|MOST POPULAR!||HISA Ordinary + ACHI member||HISA Ordinary + ACHI fellow||Full-time students only||Government health care card holders||Retirees who are ex HISA Ordinary||New members only||New members only|
|$350 /y||$399 /y||$523 /y||$87.5 /y||$87.5 /y||$87.5 /y||$175 /y||$41.5 /y|
|Opportunities to network/contact other members||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|FREE attendance to State Branch events||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Discounted newsletter job adverts||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Exclusive tickets to SIG events||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Access to members-only content||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Access to members-only webinars||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Access to HISA-TV||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Discounts to the HISA Bookshop (save up to 40%)||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|FREE subscription to Pulse+IT Magazine valued at $99||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Receive special offers||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Discounts to HISA conferences||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Nominate and vote for HISA State Committee||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Nominate and vote for HISA National Board||✓||✓||✓|
|Discount off CHIA (certification) valued at $115||✓||✓||✓|
|Discount off CHIA Text Book valued at $90||✓||✓||✓|
|JOIN||JOIN UPGRADE||JOIN UPGRADE||JOIN||JOIN||JOIN||JOIN||JOIN|
HISA + ACHI combined membership
HISA, together with the Australasian College for Health Informatics (ACHI), promotes four levels of individual membership in the health informatics community at a discounted combined rate. Membership is assessed by ACHI. Find out more here.
The different levels of individual membership reflect the diversity of Australia’s health informatics community.They aim to present a structure that reflects the ‘seniority’ of the membership levels and give recognition to (and promote) the larger issues of health informatics workforce development and growth. These membership tiers are reflective of expertise and contributions to the field of health informatics. We encourage people to aspire to apply for MACHI and FACHI membership which recognises professional achievements and status in health informatics.
How to become a combined HISA/ACHI member
- Join using our online form. Choose either the FACHI or MACHI levels of membership, complete the registration process and make payment*.
- Complete the MACHI/FACHI/STUDENT membership application form and email to [email protected]
Already a HISA member? Upgrade to a combined HISA/ACHI member now.
* You will be a HISA Ordinary member, with all the benefits bestowed on a HISA member. On receipt of your MACHI/FACHI application form, your application for Member or Fellow status of ACHI will be assessed by ACHI and you will be notified within six weeks. If your membership application for the College is not approved, you will be notified and the ACHI component of your combined membership fee will be refunded. You will remain a HISA Ordinary member.
Become a fellow/member of ACHI without HISA membership
Applications for ACHI-only membership is a two-step process:
** On receipt of your MACHI/FACHI application form, your application for Member or Fellow status of ACHI will be assessed by ACHI and you will be notified within 6-8 weeks. If your membership application for the College is not approved, you will be notified and your ACHI-only membership fee will be refunded.
Renewing your membership
Keeping your HISA membership up to date ensures you get access to:
- dozens of opportunities per year to network with other digital health professionals
- professional support, education and library resources
- up-to-date digital health trends and news
Enhanced access to…
Australia's PREMIER digital health, health informatics and e-health conference
Connecting you to the global digital health and informatics community
Advance your digital health career
Get behind the firewall of Australia's foremost health IT publication
Leading conference on data transforming healthcare
Connecting the decision makers of healthcare
Exclusive access to video and PDF content in an easy-to-use engine
HISA Breakfast Series - Networking, learning & sharing - ALL BEFORE 9AM!
Leading forum on the evolution to virtual care
Health informaticians in the spotlight
The leading lights of health informatics
Building a Health Workforce for the information and digital age
Leadership and Advocacy – have your voice heard on issues important to you
Join, lead and network with like-minded passionate people
Over 40 events for networking and professional development