HISA individual membership
Welcome to HISA! As a member of Australia’s fastest growing digital health community here are just some of the benefits you will enjoy:
- Access to member-only content eg webinars
- Free annual Pulse +IT subscription
- Opportunities for mentorship or to become a mentor
- Receive HISA announcements and special offers first
- Member-only newsletters
- Access to premium job opportunities
- Leadership and networking opportunities at State and national level
- Career development and growth – become certified with CHIA
- Access to national and state networks to collaborate with others
- Discounted registration for HIC and other premier events
- Be an active contributor working for better healthcare for Australians
- Representation in policy development at State and Federal level
- Opportunities for profile-raising
|MOST POPULAR!||HISA Ordinary + ACHI member||HISA Ordinary + ACHI fellow||Full-time students only||Government health care card holders||Retirees who are ex HISA Ordinary||New members only|
|$330 /y||$375 /y||$508 /y||$82.5 /y||$82.5 /y||$82.5 /y||$165 /y|
|Opportunities to network/contact other members||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Access to members-only job postings||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|FREE attendance to State Branch events||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Exclusive tickets to SIG events||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Access to members-only content||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Access to members-only webinars||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Discounts to the HISA Bookshop (save up to 40%)||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|FREE subscription to Pulse+IT Magazine valued at $99||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Receive special offers||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Discounts to HISA conferences||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Nominate and vote for HISA State Committee||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Nominate and vote for HISA National Board||✓||✓||✓|
|Discount off CHIA (certification) valued at $115||✓||✓||✓|
|Discount off CHIA Text Book valued at $90||✓||✓||✓|
|JOIN||JOIN UPGRADE||JOIN UPGRADE||JOIN||JOIN||JOIN||JOIN|
^ The HISA membership year runs from April 1st to March 31st, full membership fees apply upon joining.
^ Pro-rata membership rates will apply to members joining between September 1st and December 31st.
^ Membership will be valid until March 31st of the following year for members joining between January 1st and March 31st.
HISA + ACHI combined membership
Membership is assessed by ACHI.
- MACHI – granted to individuals who have a recognised level of achievement within the health informatics discipline. Post-nominals of MACHI are awarded. Must complete MACHI application form.
- FACHI – granted to individuals who have made a substantial achievement and contribution within the health informatics discipline. Post-nominals of FACHI are awarded. Must complete FACHI application form.
- STUDENT Must provide proof of full-time enrolment. Students obtain all ordinary member benefits minus discount off CHIA.
- CONCESSION Members must hold a government health care card and provide a valid copy upon registration.
- RETIRED Retirees who have been ordinary members for the past 2 years. No voting rights & cannot be elected onto the board or committees but receive other benefits as per ordinary membership.
Affiliate membership is an introductory membership available only for new members to HISA and not available for existing or previous HISA members. Affiliate membership is a great way to get to know the organisation with a limited number of benefits. This membership is available for a maximum of 2 years for an individual.
HISA, together with the Australasian College for Health Informatics (ACHI), promotes four levels of individual membership in the health informatics community at a discounted combined rate. Find out more here.