The Royal Melbourne Hospital – City & Royal Park Campus
Full Time Fixed Term
Parkville Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
Melbourne Health, The Royal Women’s Hospital and Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre have partnered together to commence the implementation of a shared Electronic Medical Record. Stage 1 of theConnecting Care program will initially provide precinct-wide access to test orders and results, discharge summaries and replace the Royal Melbourne Hospital Emergency Department system.
The Connecting Care team, consisting of dedicated clinical and technical staff will oversee the delivery of the program and work collaboratively with each partner to prepare their staff and patients for the new system. Working within the Connecting Care team you will have the opportunity to deliver an EMR solution that will make a difference to patient care and research in Parkville.
We have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced and effective Health Information & Identity Lead to join the Connecting Careteam. This is a full time, fixed term position until September 2019 with the potential for extension.
As the Connecting Care Health Information and Identity Lead, you will lead the design and implementation of the system including the delivery of a single patient and provider identity across Parkville. Reporting directly to the Executive Director EMR, you will collaborate and engage with each site to gain consensus on standardised and shared workflows and system configuration.
Essential requirements for the role:
- Health Information Management qualification (eligible for membership with HIMAA), CHIA or tertiary degree in Health or Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 5 years hospital experience and/or EMR/PAS experience
- Experience and knowledge of PAS, scanning systems and My Health Record
- Experience and knowledge of related healthcare privacy legislation
- Experience and detailed knowledge of Victorian mandatory reporting requirements
- Project management experience is desirable
- Excellent knowledge of clinical terminologies and management of data
This position will be employed through Melbourne Health, which is a values based organisation. A career with us is a rewarding experience, offering great prospects for career diversity and professional advancement. We also offer:
- Reward & Recognition Programs
- Comprehensive Health & Wellbeing Programs including; staff gym, staff health service, peer support program and EAP
- Discounted Staff Parking
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and where required, a Working With Children Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment prior to commencement
We are a diverse workforce reflecting the community we care for. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, ethical practice, and the principles of cultural diversity and social inclusion. We welcome applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds and experience, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people with disabilities, and people who identify as LGBTI.