About the role
- Pharmacy/Clinical qualification (preferred)
- Specialist Pharmacy application support and guidance
- EMR/e-health readiness and strategic ICT planning
Mater Information and Technology currently have an exciting and rewarding opportunity for a Senior Applications Specialist to join the team in a permanent full time capacity based at our South Brisbane campus. Supporting Pharmacy Information Management Systems for the organisation, the role will be responsible for implementation, maintenance and support in the digital environment to ensure effective and efficient use of pharmacy information systems. A commitment to maintaining and improving the medication management processes, outcomes, patient safety and efficiency is required.
The Senior Applications Specialist role will lead upcoming key Pharmacy ICT implementations, providing expert advice and supporting applications used across Mater Group. This role has expert content knowledge to ensure maintenance, support, problem solving and continuous improvement are managed in a timely and customer focussed manner to meet business needs. The role will engage with Mater business teams and leaders, as well as vendors and third parties to maintain effective working relationships.
Salary range: $54.86-$58.88 per hour plus superannuation
What you’ll be doing
Key duties include (but not limited to):
- Leads provision of professional, timely and effective application support services including the identification and resolution of complex ITD troubleshooting activities.
- Manages and leads small to medium projects such as system upgrades, new configuration, system integration and business efficiency improvement initiatives.
- Determines and prioritises configuration changes/updates in consultation with users, management and key stakeholders.
- Manages user acceptance testing routines and develops application requirements for test conditions and other business outcomes.
- Identifies and assesses the training needs of team members and assists in development and delivery of training programs.
To be successful in this role you will possess the following:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in hospital specialty and/or minimum 2 years’ experience in Health Informatics
- Tertiary degree in area of subject matter expertise is highly desirable (Pharmacy or relevant clinical qualification)
- Certified Health Informatician Australiasia (CHIA) membership and credentials are desirable.
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of ITIL principles, and basic applications management.
- Ability to demonstrate experience in IT systems implementation or project coordination.
Why join us?
In return for your skills you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients. Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, pioneers in the provision of healthcare to Queensland for over 100 years, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
For further information, please contact Jayne Barclay, Manager Diagnostic Solutions on 07 3163 1869
*Please note we will be reviewing and contacting applicants prior to closing date so please ensure you submit your application as soon as possible.