New South Wales
About HISA NSW
New South Wales has a long history of progressing health informatics in Australia. The branch prides itself on providing a number of professional development events on health informatics issues and brings together the diversity of personnel involved in health informatics and e-health. Offering wonderful networking opportunities for both members and non-members alike HISA NSW keeps NSW up to date with the vast array of developments within health informatics and e-health.
HISA NSW arose from the active promotion by the Health Informatics Association of NSW (HIANSW) to support a national health informatics body. With a very active membership, the Health Informatics Association of NSW (HIANSW) was established in 1991 and ran to 2001. Members were actively involved in promoting the discipline of health informatics during those years. The NSW Branch of HISA was formally established in May 2001.
Membership of HISA NSW is available to all financial members of HISA. Benefits of being a HISA member include:
- Subscription to the HISA NSW email list, forums and group blogs
- The opportunity to influence and drive the e-health and health informatics agenda in NSW
- The opportunity to network and learn from the experience of colleagues and collaborate with others
- The opportunity to represent the interests of e-health and health informatics professionals in national forums
- Access to relevant and timely information
- The ability to contribute to the latest information and resource offerings
Healthcare start-ups: Insights and innovations
Thursday 10 October 2019 | 6:00pm to 8:00 pm
Hear from four healthcare start-ups (AI Health, Lysn, MyBeepr, CancerAid) on what it takes to establish setup, how to engage with healthcare providers, and the current programs they are working on.
HISA NSW – End of year networking drinks
Thursday 28 November 2019 | 6:00pm to 8:00 pm
This event is a chance for you to catch up with your colleagues and fellow HISA NSW members.
To see a complete list of events, click here.
New South Wales leadership
Dr Jen Bichel-Findlay, CHIA
Dr Jon Carrano
Dr Amandeep Hansra, CHIA
Jeremy Roach, CHIA
A/Prof Simon Poon
Louise Van Der Kraan