Queensland has a long history of progressing health informatics in Australia. The members of the Queensland branch of ANISIG (Australian Nursing Informatics Special Interest Group) were among the original founding members who initiated the broader national Health Informatics Society of Australia and hosted the first two Health Informatics Conferences in Brisbane and the Gold Coast in 1993 and 1994 respectively.
A Queensland branch of IMIA also existed in the early days and was disbanded in favour of HISA Queensland Branch early in 1995. More recently Brisbane had the honour of hosting the 12th International Health (Medical) Informatics Congress concurrently with HIC in 2007.
Queensland is also notable in being home to a number of prominent e-health enterprises such as the Australian eHealth Research Centre, Blue Care Smart Home, CharmHealth, Medical-Objects, iSOFT.
The current HISA Queensland branch is committed to continuing this tradition of health hnformatics support and development. They aim to foster and maintain a strong health informatics community in Queensland by providing opportunities for discussion, debate, learning and networking for all people with an interest in informatics in health care. As a branch we will maintain links with HISA’s national office and represent and advocate in national health informatics forums on behalf of our membership.
We welcome feedback or requests from the Queensland community.
HISA QLD can be contacted via the HISA National Office:
E: [email protected]
P: 03 9326 3311
Membership of HISA QLD is available to all financial members of HISA.
Benefits of being a HISA member include:
- Subscription to the HISA QLD email list, forums and group blogs
- The opportunity to influence and drive the e-health and health informatics agenda in QLD
- The opportunity to network and learn from the experience of colleagues and collaborate with others
- The opportunity to represent the interests of e-health and health informatics professionals in national forums
- Access to relevant and timely information
- The ability to contribute to the latest information and resource offerings