HISA Victoria provides a forum for discussing health informatics issues and brings together the diversity of personnel involved in health informatics and e-health. It promotes networking amongst members and opportunities to keep up to date with the vast array of developments within health informatics and e-health through its regular meetings.
HISA Vic was established as a HISA branch in November 2001. Victoria’s history commenced in 1984 with the formation of the Nursing Computer Group (Vic). In 1991 the group hosted the very successful international Nursing Informatics ’91 congress, an event of IMIA NI. In 1992 the group underwent a name change to represent all Australian nurse informaticians – Nursing Informatics Australia.
During that year the group amalgamated with AHIA Vic to become HISA Vic Inc. 1993, the birth year of HISA, HISA Vic funded the first HIC event and continued financially supporting the formation of the national organisation. The funds and activities generated during the first two years supported the young national organisation – HISA.
HISA Vic is proud to have been a member of the HISA foundation group assisting in the development of the national professional association.
HISA VIC can be contacted via the HISA National Office:
E: [email protected]
P: 03 9326 3311
Membership of HISA VIC is available to all financial members of HISA.
Benefits of being a HISA member include:
- Subscription to the HISA VIC email list, forums and group blogs
- The opportunity to influence and drive the e-health and health informatics agenda in the VIC
- The opportunity to network and learn from the experience of colleagues and collaborate with others
- The opportunity to represent the interests of e-health and health informatics professionals in national forums
- Access to relevant and timely information
- The ability to contribute to the latest information and resource offerings
Sponsoring HISA events is a great opportunity to showcase your involvement in and support for Australia’s e-health and health informatics community. To discuss sponsorship opportunities please contact our head office at 03 9326 3311 or email us