The Health Informatics Society of Australia (WA Branch) is a dedicated group of professionals from diverse backgrounds with an interest in informatics across a range of applications in health and clinical practice. Established in 2004 the Branch aims to encourage dialogue, debate and shared experiences in health informatics.
The Health Informatics Society of Australia (HISA), WA Branch is the Western Australian branch of the national body. Julie Bishop MP, the Minister for Ageing officially launched the branch on 21st July 2004. The official launch of HISA(WA) was held in conjunction with the 2004 AGM. Dr Robert Wooding, then the head of the Department of Health and Ageing’s HealthConnect program addressed the crowd of over 80 attendees.
Anyone with an interest or curiosity in the health informatics field is invited to join us at one of our educational events. Up to 3-4 events are held annually and present a fantastic opportunity to learn more about new systems, developments, strategies and technologies. They also provide valuable networking opportunities and a chance to interact with like-minded individuals.
Our major event in the professional calendar is the annual Health Information Technology WA (HITWA) Conference which brings together national and international leaders in health informatics for a full day of presentations and discussion.
We look forward to welcoming you to our next event.
HISA WA can be contacted via the HISA National Office:
E: [email protected]
P: 03 9326 3311
Join HISA WA
HISA WA Branch aims to provide the health informatics community.
Benefits of being a HISA member include:
- Subscription to the HISA WA email list, forums and group blogs
- The opportunity to influence and drive the e-health and health informatics agenda in Western Australia
- The opportunity to network and learn from the experience of colleagues and collaborate with others
- The opportunity to represent the interests of e-health and health informatics professionals in national forums
- Access to relevant and timely information
- The ability to contribute to the latest information and resource offerings
Sponsoring HISA events is a great opportunity to showcase your involvement in and support for Australia’s e-health and health informatics community. To discuss sponsorship opportunities please contact our head office at 03 9326 3311 or email us