HISA's Western Australia branch
About HISA WA
The HISA WA branch is a dedicated group of professionals from diverse backgrounds with an interest in informatics across a range of applications in health and clinical practice. Established in 2004 the Branch aims to encourage dialogue, debate and shared experiences in health informatics.
The WA Branch is the Western Australian branch of the national body. Julie Bishop MP, the Minister for Ageing officially launched the branch on 21st July 2004. The official launch of HISA (WA) was held in conjunction with the 2004 AGM. Dr Robert Wooding, then the head of the Department of Health and Ageing’s HealthConnect program addressed the crowd of over 80 attendees.
Anyone with an interest or curiosity in the health informatics field is invited to join us at one of our educational events. Up to 3-4 events are held annually and present a fantastic opportunity to learn more about new systems, developments, strategies and technologies. They also provide valuable networking opportunities and a chance to interact with like-minded individuals.
We look forward to welcoming you to our next event.
Membership of HISA WA is available to all financial members of HISA.
Benefits of being a HISA member include:
- Subscription to the HISA WA email list, forums and group blogs
- The opportunity to influence and drive the e-health and health informatics agenda in Western Australia
- The opportunity to network and learn from the experience of colleagues and collaborate with others
- The opportunity to represent the interests of e-health and health informatics professionals in national forums
- Access to relevant and timely information
- The ability to contribute to the latest information and resource offerings
Clinical collaboration: How RPH are innovating from within
Thursday 31 October 2019 | 6:00pm to 8:00pm
This event showcases Royal Perth Hospital’s journey, how they developed a great clinical use case and its impact on both clinicians and patients.
End of year networking drinks
Thursday 28 November 2019 | 5:30pm to 7:30pm
This event is a chance for you to catch up with your colleagues and fellow HISA WA members.
To see a complete list of events, click here.
Western Australia leadership
Nigel Chartres, CHIA
Dr Ali Fardinpour
Prof Yogi Kanagasingam
Matthew Painter, CHIA